Do You Have to Sue Your Neighbor if Your Child is Injured in Their Pool?

Summer is well on its way. Spring has already arrived and it’s going to be pretty hot in Texas within the next month or so. One way you and your family will try to beat the heat is to take a dip in a pool. If you’re lucky enough to have a pool in your backyard, you’re lucky enough! However, most people don’t have a pool. But, they may have friends or family members who have a pool.

In the summer, lots of people in Houston go to parties and BBQ at their friends’ houses. This may involve swimming in an above ground or in-ground pool. You and your spouse hang out with the adults while the kids splash and have a good time in the water. The last thing you expect is for your child to get hurt in or around the pool. If it does happen, however, there are a few things to do.

The first thing you need to do is call and have an ambulance come to take your child to the hospital. Even if you think your child is okay, they still need to be checked out by a doctor. You are also going to need proof of their injuries. The best way to do this is using medical records. And, as much as you may want to take your child to the emergency room in your own car, it’s best to let the ambulance do this. The EMTs and other personnel on the ambulance know how to take care of your child. If something happens on the way to the hospital, you wouldn’t know what to do. And, as cold as it may sound, if your child’s injuries are worse because you insisted on driving yourself, it could jeopardize your claim for damages.

If your child or loved one is injured in a Texas swimming pool accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney. You need to focus on taking care of your family. Let our office handle the legal side of things.

Will a Lawsuit Ruin Your Friendship?

A lot of clients are afraid that, if they file a claim for damages, it’ll ruin their friendship. The truth is, it very well could. If you are good friends with the property owner, the last thing you’ll want to do is file a lawsuit against them. The good news is that you may not have to. Your Houston personal injury attorney can help you file a claim against the property owner’s homeowner’s policy. If the claim is approved – great. You’ll have your check in a week or two. If, however, your claim is denied, your attorney will have to do some work.

Your attorney will contact the insurance adjustor and try to negotiate payment of your claim. If this doesn’t work, they will have no choice but recommend that you file suit. As much as you don’t want to do this, you may not have a choice. If the insurance company refuses to pay, you need to file legal action. This is the only way you’ll get the money to pay for your child’s medical treatment. And, if you or your spouse had to take off time from work to take care of your child, you’ll lose wages. The defendant should have to be responsible for any lost income. Your Houston personal injury lawyer will do their best to make sure you are compensated for your losses. Let your attorney fight to get your family the money they deserve. This way, you can focus on taking care of your child and their injuries.

Contact a Skilled Personal Injury Attorney in Houston

If your spouse or child is hurt in a swimming pool accident, you’re going to need help. Chances are, your child will suffer some pretty serious injuries. They may be entitled to damages. The best way to get them the money they deserve is to file a claim against the property owner’s homeowner’s insurance company. And, if the policy doesn’t cover your damages, you will have to file a personal injury lawsuit against your friend or neighbor.

Call today and schedule your initial consultation. This gives you a chance to sit down with an experienced injury lawyer in Houston who can answer any questions you may have. They can also give you an idea of what your case is worth. The consultation is free and your family doesn’t pay a dime until you win or settle your case.

Latest Posts
Practice Areas
Don't Pay
Until We
We Can Help
Featured FAQs
Free Case Review